Casegen is marketed by TSG Software
Since its’ original release in the early 1980's, and despite having various owners before being acquired by CA, Telon has always been, and continues to be, a strong and popular product.
Offering fast application development in a variety of mainframe environments it truly 'does what it says on the tin' and enjoys a loyal, satisfied customer base. However, over the years the IT landscape has changed radically and whilst Telon's efficacy has endured, several factors increasingly cause users to look for alternatives:
- Economic pressures mean that users are constantly looking for ways to reduce their IT costs either by switching to alternative suppliers, moving some of the IT infrastructure to non-mainframe platforms or indeed removing the mainframe completely. The proprietary nature of Telon code makes any of these difficult to achieve.
- Experienced Telon developers are increasing hard to find as personnel move into other more 'state of the art' technical areas or indeed reach retirement age. New recruits typically won’t have mainframe skills.
- Many companies' mainframe applications are now considered legacy, with little or no maintenance being carried out. Due to the run-time elements of Telon, licence costs still accrue even though the development benefits are no longer realised.
For more than 15 years TSG Software have been providing Telon users with these alternatives. Based on the Casegen application program generation tool, we provide a series of options including:
- Migration of Telon code into Casegen - our easy to learn Windows based development tool.
- Conversion of Telon code to run-time free Cobol or PLI.
- Replacement versions of Telon run-time modules.
- Hybrid solution.
To contact us for further details click here